- ABCA membership was revoked by a vote of the Board of Directors for John Christopher Knight for conviction of crimes of moral turpitude. Effective September 17, 2017.
- Tim & Julie Popplewell, Bakersfield, CA have been suspended from all ABCA member privileges for five years for submitting forged and falsified applications and documents. Furthermore, once the five year suspension has been served, their membership privileges may be reinstated only on a probationary basis for a further five year time period. Effective May 4, 2017.
- The ABCA has permanently barred Bill & Gloria Barnes (Barnes Border Collies) of Braxton, MS from ABCA membership for submitting false registration documents to the ABCA. These breeders admitted that they bought puppies from unregistered parents and then misrepresented to potential buyers and to the ABCA that those purchased pups were the offspring of their own ABC-registered dogs. DNA testing of their dogs showed numerous instances of misreported parentage. Effective May 19, 2015, their registration and certification privileges are revoked. As of that same date, Lady (ABC #344537) and Buddy (ABC #398685) are de-registered, and littermates Bella Ishee (ABC #344534), Oreo Cookie (ABC #344535), Lucy (ABC #344536), Sketch (ABC #398680), Toby (ABC #398681), Chief (ABC #398682), Rusty (ABC #398683) and Tuff (ABC #398685) are placed on Non-Breeding status.
- The ABCA has expelled Mary Ann Harrison (Wildrose Border Collies, Cherokee Rose Border Collies, American Beauty Border Collies) from ABCA membership for failing to cooperate with an investigation of her breeding practices. Effective July 11, 2006, her registration and certification privileges have been revoked.
- The ABCA has expelled Steve & Cindy McCoy (Solid Rock Border Collies, Kentucky Farm Collies) of Kentucky from ABCA membership for failing to cooperate with an investigation of their breeding practices. Effective August 1, 2006, their registration and certification privileges have been revoked.
- The ABCA has expelled Richard Swafford (Swafford’s Border Collies, All Around Border Collies) of Portland, Tennessee from ABCA membership for submitting false registration documents to the ABCA, executing and delivering false registration applications to buyers of his dogs, breeding practices and kennel conditions which are not conducive to accurate registration, and failing to cooperate fully with the investigation into his practices. Effective June 9, 2004, Mr. Swafford’s registration and certification privileges are revoked. As of that same date, Duke (ABC #238782), Speedy (ABC #231553) and Craig’s Megan (ABC #199792) are deregistered.
- The ABCA has expelled Kristen Campbell (Black Hill Farms Border Collies, Catch ‘Em Border Collies) of Bristol, Tennessee from ABCA membership for making false statements and submitting false registration documents to the ABCA, and forging the signature of another on a registration application. Effective May 10, 2005, Ms. Campbell’s registration and certification privileges are revoked. By vote of the Board of Directors, Blue Belle (ABC #250069) and Chloe (ABC #255780) are deregistered.