Who Should Join the ABCA?
Members of the ABCA include farmers and ranchers, competitors in sheep & cattle-dog trials and many other dog sports and pet owners. Regardless, they share a common love and appreciation for the Border Collie, a dog known for ability, not appearance. One need not be a breeder to be a member.
Benefits of Membership
- Obtain ABCA Registrations
- Register dogs currently registered with certain other accepted registries
- Members can apply for promotional money and grants
- Members can nominate officers; vote in elections and at meetings
- Members may request ABCA brochures to use at events or give to friends or puppy buyers
- ABCA membership is required to compete in the USBCHA finals
- And most importantly, you will be supporting the working Border Collie in North America
How to Join the ABCA
You can become a member by mailing a completed Membership Form to the Registrar along with a check payable to the ABCA.
|Dues||Cash/Check/Credit Card *
* Visa, Mastercard or Discover
- All annual memberships expire on December 31 with membership fees due each year.
- Annual and Lifetime memberships are available. There is no “Family” membership type.
- Persons wishing to use the many services of the Association, such as registering a dog or pup, or transferring ownership must become members.
- Dues must be paid by January 1 of the year for eligibility to vote in the fall elections. Lifetime memberships, in order to maintain voting eligibility, must be kept active with a registration or a transfer or a notation of hip or eye clearance at least once in a period of five years.